St Maarten is an island found in the Caribbean and the first people to settle on it were the Amerindians just like the other Caribbean islands.
Europeans later came and conquered the island bringing about European influence to the rather isolated island. This island remains a good tourist spot and has got a very conducive climate.
During daytime there is sufficient sunshine and the nights are quiet and offer breathtaking scenery and views. At St Maarten you will be able to explore the hills there either on a zip line or on horseback depending on your preference.
Things to do
- Maarten Museum displays an abundance of pre-colonial artifacts and it was constructed to preserve the culture and history of St. Martin.
- Maarten Park is the Caribbean’s largest zoological park. The park displays an abundance of Mammals, Birds and reptiles. The park also boasts the largest play ground in St. Maarten.
- Baie Longue is a 2 mile stretch of beautiful white sand beach which is perfect for snorkeling, sun baths and long walks.
- Baie Aux Prunes (Plum Bay) is one of the best beaches in St. Martin and St. Maarten. It is perfect for socializing, tanning and snorkeling.
- Baie Rouge is a beautiful stretch of white sand that’s perfect for swimming, privacy, walking, snorkeling and socializing.